Hogeye Marathon, Half Marathon & Relays & 5K
Click on link for: Information Sheet/FAQ's
1. Expo, Late Registration, Packet Pick-up- Sat. April 13, 11-6 Chancellor Hotel
2. Kid's Marathon, Sat. April 13, 2 PM Kohl;s Fayetteville, Presented by Arkansas Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares
3. Pasta Dinner- 6-8 PM with Special Guest Speaker, Jeff Galloway, at 6:30, Chancellor Hotel- $20 online, $25 at the door Casual Attire.
4. Aid Stations- approximately every 1 mile. Gatorade and water, Cliff Shots and Click Blocs available after mile 8
5. Portable Toilets- approximately at start, 1.75, 3.5, 4.5, 5.5 (relay exchange 1) 8, 9.5, 11.5 (relay exchange 2) 14.5, 17, 19.25, 22.5 (10 half), 24.5 (12 half), finish line area. Bathrooms at the Chancellor Hotel, Veterans Park and Lake Fayetteville Park
6. Medical Personnel- Medical Personnel will be available at the relay exchanges, the marathon turn-around and the start/finish line and along the course. If you have any serious allergies, (e.g. bee stings), or have medical conditions which could affect you treatment from medical personnel, you should carry this information with you during the race. You should also print any allergies or health conditions on the back of your race number with a permanent marker. These will be available at packet pick-up. Everyone should print their emergency contact person name and number on the back of their race bib. Emergencies do occur!
7. Parking- There is NO Parking on the Square. You may park in the Town Center garage off the square, or the Chancellor Hotel garage. Other Parking lots are available between the start and the finish lot, however sity side streets with numbers spots are generally for private residences. The main WAC lot is available but must be vacated by 11:00 AM. "The Dickson" garage is a $5.00/day rate but is very close to the finish.
8. Relay Runners-must all wear their bib number. Relay legs are between 5.5 and 7.5 miles each. Exchange points will be marked. Only the first runner is required to be at the start, and runners should exchange the ankle timing device after crossing the timing mats in order to have an accurate finish time. Timing bands should be worn on the ankle or below the knee. No more than one Relay runner from the same team may cross the finish line. Disqualification will occur otherwise.
9. Relay Shuttle Vans- will be provided by Lewis Auto Group. They will be parked across from the Chancellor Hotel (East & Meadow) on Sunday morning beginning at 7:00 am. After the first leg, & beginning at 8:00, they will park at the Bank of Fayetteville Train Bank on Dickson Street, taking runners for the 2nd 3rd and 4th legs, & will return ALL relay runners to this point. They are available to transport runners to and from relay points. Please do not arrive to for transport until you think it will be time for your exchange.
10. Headphones- Strongly discouraged especially on streets, however if used wear only one ear bud. NO strollers on the course. NO dogs on the course at all! Spectators are encouraged and welcome as long as they do not park on the course. Cyclists are not permitted to ride on the trail with runners unless they are part of the medical team or are a course safety official.
THE HOGEYE WILL MOVE TO MARCH 29-30 FOR 2014. PLEASE PUT US ON YOUR CALENDAR NOW!